To inspire youth to be accountable for their own thoughts, feelings and actions; helping them become responsible citizens in this world. To help communities across the world create a culture that empowers, strengthens and develops leaders for the next generation.
To create a safe environment for youth to cultivate a sense of security, confidence and self-assurance within themselves.
We all have unique gifts and intrinsic value to offer to the world. The program will serve as a catalyst to help youth explore their talents and contribute to the community in a powerful, positive and meaningful way.
Youth Empowering Youth (YEY) is a free leadership program for teens aged 13-18.
YEY is a nine-session accelerated program run by two trained Facilitators who are passionate about empowering youth. The online version of the program is designed to be offered in 90-minute sessions over Zoom and in a class setting that encourages student participation. Each class shares a new principle which builds upon the previous principle; ultimately helping students take accountability for their thoughts, feelings and actions; thus, moving them into a place of confidence, security and self-assurance.
YEY curriculum is a derivative from the Slight Edge Principles. The principles shared during this nine-session program are as follows:
- Session 1: Saturday October 17 2020- The Ripple Effect
- Session 2: Saturday October 24 2020 - Attitude Creates Your Life
- Session 3: Saturday October 31 2020 - The Moment You Stop Blaming, You Take Back Your Power
- Session 4: Saturday November 7 2020 - Take Action! With Small Steps
- Session 5: Saturday November 14 2020 - Fail Forward to Success
- Session 6: Saturday November 21 2020 - Drive Your Life with Powerful Habits
- Session 7: Saturday November 28 2020 - Be A Student of Life
- Session 8: Saturday December 5 2020 - Momentum is Your Responsibility
- Session 9: Saturday December 12 2020 - Graduation & Next Steps
Upon graduation of this program, youth have the opportunity to apply to become a facilitator for future programs to help empower more youth.