This newly developed course will be launched first time this year from October 1 to November 10, 2022.
The SYNC course will engage participants from across Ontario who are working with newcomer youth through a series of interactive modules. The course will build on essential foundational concepts, and take an anti-oppressive, youth-centred, trauma-informed approach to better equip service providers working with newcomer youth populations.
The Registration Deadline is September 25, 2022.
Upon completion of the Training, you will be able to:
- Learn to unpack their biases and engage in self-reflective practice
- Develop interpersonal and professional skills and knowledge to support diverse communities of newcomer youth
- Critically analyze the various systems that newcomer youth come into contact with, that may cause or perpetuate barriers and/or trauma
- Strategize interventions that respond to barriers and empower youth
- Develop programming that centers youth and responds directly to community-identified needs
Criteria for Participation:
This course is open to settlement workers and service providers who are working in or with the immigrant and refugee-serving sector across the province who are willing to:
- Commit to approximately 2-4 hours of learning per week.
- Engage in SYNC 101 Group in www.SettleNet.org, a new national online Community Practice for the Settlement Sector.
- Complete assignments within the given timeframe.
*Please note this is a 5 Module ONLINE training program. At the successful completion of the entire e-course, you will receive a certification of completion from OCASI.
If you have any questions, please contact: Tsultan@ocasi.org