This program by Hospitality Workers Training Centre combines job seeking preparation, soft skills and work placement for Front or Back of House in a restaurant setting.
There are 3 components to this training:
- Job Preparation in-person Training (week 1)
- Front of House Training OR Back of House Training (week 2)
- Work placement (week 3)
Starting on week 2 those taking Front of House Training will receive Smart Serve certification and Back of House trainees will be able to complete Food Handler’s certification.
You will participate in an interview by a potential employer and be offered work placement with the goal of a job offer.
To determine which jobs best suit your personality and skills – either the front or back areas of the restaurant.
The job skills that will be covered in-classroom include:
- Transferable Skills
- Compliance Training - WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems), AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) & OHSA (Occupational Health & Safety)
- Customer Service & Team Work modules
Please note that Restaurant Ready is an in-person program that will require participants to travel to the HWTC offices (located at 116 Industry St, Toronto, ON).
3 WEEKS (2 WEEKS IN CLASSROOM & UP TO 5 SHIFTS WORK PLACEMENT)
METHOD OF STUDY
Monday - Friday (9:30 am - 4:30 pm)
UPCOMING PROGRAM DATES
Spring Session 2: April 17, 2023 - May 5, 2023
Spring Session 3: May 22, 2023 - June 16, 2023
Summer Session: June 12, 2023 - July 7, 2023
- 18 years and older
- Resident of Toronto
- Newcomers and individuals in receipt of Ontario Works are encouraged to apply.
- Eligible to work in Ontario
- Physically able to stand for 8 hours, lift up to 30 LB.
- Masks are required for this in-person training.
Learn more by connecting with a Career Consultant: 1-888-777-HWTC (4982)