To apply, please fill out this short questionnaire by October 30.
Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants (OCASI) is running several projects with the goal of supporting immigrant and refugee serving organizations to provide stronger programming and services to newcomer youth. Our Youth Advisory Group (YAG) will ensure that our programming takes into account the perspectives of newcomer youth and the realities for newcomer youth-serving organizations.
This is an exciting paid opportunity for newcomer youth and volunteer opportunity for settlement workers who support youth.
We are currently seeking individuals who fit the following criteria:
- Experience working directly with newcomer youth in Ontario. This can include but is not limited to volunteers, youth workers, program staff, program managers, community leaders, activists, and educators.
AND / OR
- Lived experience as a newcomer youth, who has settled in Canada in the last five years, and is between the ages of 16 - 30.
Participants who identify as newcomer youth AND who are not currently employed at a newcomer-serving organization will receive honorariums for attending meetings and be financially compensated for other YAG activities and projects they participate in.
YAG will focus on three key areas:
- Content Creation for information and settlement resources on NewYouth.ca
- Pathways to Future Digital Tool, a Job Readiness Tool for newcomer youth
- Digital Stories that feature personal and firsthand experiences of newcomer youth
All entries must be in by October 30.