For Canadian youth with government care experience starting their first post-secondary program
The Ted Rogers Scholarship Fund (TRSF) aims to provide access to post-secondary education and reward youth who demonstrate community leadership. The TRSF is now open for its fifth year to 150 young people through 17 national partner organizations, including 22 students through Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada! Those eligible to apply through the Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada’s application stream must have spent time in government care.
Scholarship Details + Eligibility
- $2500 annually towards tuition for any Canadian full-time, 2-4 year post-secondary program or certificate at a college, university, or trade school (funds will be transferred directly to the school)
- Student must be currently enrolled or planning to enroll in their first post-secondary program (academic, technical or vocational), at a recognized public post-secondary institution or a registered private post-secondary institution starting in Fall or Winter semesters
- Student must be 24 or under and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Student must have, to-date, experienced a minimum, cumulative total of 12 months in provincial government care before age 18 (including: permanent or continuing care/crown ward, temporary care, voluntary care, customary care, kith/kin or extended family placements, youth agreement/independent living, custody centres)
- Student must demonstrate financial need and contributions to the community
- Can be used in addition to any other funding sources (loans, scholarships/bursaries, tuition waivers) including the Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada’s flagship scholarship program
- Guaranteed renewal for length of program (2-4 year programs) totaling up to $10,000
- Guaranteed Rogers job interviews for retail, call centre and intern positions if student applies
- Nomination Deadline: Friday, February 26th, 2021 at 5:00 pm (EST)
THIS SCHOLARSHIP INVOLVES A TWO-STEP PROCESS
Step 1: Complete the Foundation Nomination Form by February, 26th, 2020 at 5:00 PM (EST).
Step 2: If selected, students will be notified by March 5th, 2021 with further instructions.