Visa extension

Dear New Youth,

I'm Silvia from Italy I'm here since July and I'm still relying on my savings for everyday life.

I'm 32 no so young, however for the current economical and political
situation in Italy I felt like no choice but leaving my country and look for
better prospects elsewhere.

I see good opportunities here but I need more time to have the chance to settle and my working visa will end in December. It's only 6 months for Italians.

I heard that I could ask for an extension but I don't know how to do it. Also maybe there are other ways I could ask for a visa but I don't have a reliable source of informations.

I'm wondering if you could help me with that?

I'm in Toronto, any help would be very appreciated,

Thank you,



Thank you for your question.

To find more information about visa extensions, please visit the Government of Canada's website page about extending or changing the conditions on your work permit.

Please note that you need to apply at least 30 days before your current work permit expires. 

You may also want to find out about how to live and work in Canada permanently by learning about permanent residency.

We hope this helps. Team

Still can't find what you need? Tell us what information you would like to see on our website at