Interested in upskilling in cybersecurity and making a place for yourself in the GTA’s growing technology field?
Feeling anxious, depressed, or struggling with your mental health from the impact of Covid-19 or life barriers?
Join the Career Jumpstart program for paid technical training in partnership with IBM as well as employment and mental health supports to help you thrive in the workforce.
The world is facing a chronic shortage of cybersecurity talent as new technologies and evolving threats increase the level of cyber risk at a faster pace than existing cybersecurity teams can handle. This trend is creating unprecedented demand for cybersecurity professionals, making the cyber talent shortage one of Canada’s most critical challenges.
Our program will help match young job seekers with the skills and connections needed to fill this in-demand field, while also providing resources and strategies to support the mental health of young workers.
This program offers youth a supportive environment to obtain in-demand skills and, with YES’ leadership and employment opportunities, to become empowered in their employment goals.
This 15 week workforce development program will offer you:
- Facilitated support in completing the IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate
- Free access to technical skills platforms (including IBM Skillsbuild and Accenture’s Skills2Succeed) for self-paced learning
- Opportunities for practical based learning projects
- Mentorship and networking opportunities with industry leaders in the field
- Mental Health and critical needs supports including free CBT sessions and personalized supports accessing community organizations and resources
- Soft Skills training in valuable pre-employment areas such as conceptual thinking, problem solving, growth mindset, metacognition, self-efficacy and much more
- Personalized resume, interview skills, and job search support to begin your career in cloud computing
- Specialized job search support
- Must be 29 years old or under
- Must have completed post-secondary education
- IT knowledge and experience is an asset
- Self-identify as benefiting from mental health resiliency focused supports
- Must have ability to commit to 15 weeks full time (Mon – Fri) in class/virtual training program starting April 24th
- Must have access to a stable WiFi connection
- Must reside or be willing to work within the GTA
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, PR, Convention Refugee, Refugee Claimant or have a pending PR application (open work permit, approved in principle)
- Must be highly motivated to participate
- Must NOT currently be employed or enrolled in education or other training
- Must NOT have previously completed a SDF funded program (Y2T/Y2TLE)
- Priority will be given to diverse populations and individuals self-identifying with a mental health disability
* Applicants over the age of 29 who identify as a person with disability may apply
To learn more about the Career JumpStart program or for any needed accommodation in the application process please contact YES Manager, Gabriella Evans, at email@example.com