Questions & Answers

How it works

Generic  img-responsive

Step 1

Generic  img-responsive

Step 2

Generic  img-responsive

Step 3
Be Notified

Visitor visa to permanent visa

Hi, I just came here from Europe because my brother got accepted in hockey team so I would like to stay here, work and stay here for life if it's possible. I am 21 year old. Is there any possibility to stay here and get my permanent visa? Right now I only have visitor visa.


Hello and thank you for your question.

It's great that you're enjoying your time in Canada!

If you'd like to work and stay here permanently, we suggest that you apply for a work permit. To do so, you'll have to visit a Canadian visa office in the country where you live, in the country where you're a citizen of, or at a Canadian embassy in the United States of America. The application to work in Canada is available online.

Remember, you can only stay in Canada on a visitor's for 6 months. If you'd like to extend your stay, you must apply 30 days before your status expires. Visit the Government of Canada's website to find out more about extending your stay in Canada as a visitor.

We hope this helps. team

Still can't find what you need? Tell us what information you would like to see on our website at