Do I Need A Study Permit?
You need a study permit if you are NOT:
- A permanent resident
- A Canadian citizen
- Studying in Canada for less than 6 months
When Do I Apply?
You can apply for a permit as soon as you get accepted to a university or college that you want to attend. You need an acceptance letter from them to be able to apply for a permit.
How Do I Apply?
You can apply for a permit through Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
What Do I Need To Apply?
To apply for a study permit, you need:
- A letter of acceptance from the school you will attend
- Proof of identity (like a passport, or travel document) for yourself (and any other family joining you)
- Proof that you have enough money for school and to support yourself (and any other family joining you)
- Proof that you will leave once you are done studying
You might also need to:
- Pass a medical exam
- Get a temporary resident visa (“entry” visa).
- Prove that you have no criminal record