G1 License

Hi If I have the New York State Valid Learner Permit Card will that be an advantage to get the G1 License card


Hello and thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to exchange a learner's permit from another province, state or country for any kind of license in Ontario. However, you may be at an advantage because you've already studied for the learner's permit test in New York, and Ontario has similar rules on the road.

To prepare, make sure to read our article, 'How do I get my driver's licence?'

We hope this helps.

NewYouth.ca team

Still can't find what you need? Tell us what information you would like to see on our website at [email protected]