G1 licence

Im 16 years old and l want to get my G1 how many pieces of lD do l need to bring


Hello and thank you for your question.

You will need to bring original identification that shows your legal name, date of birth and your signature. See a full list for accepted documents.

Accepted identity documents for Canadian citizens are:

  • passport (Canadian or foreign)
  • Canadian Citizenship Card with photo
  • Secure Certificate of Indian Status Card (issued on or after December 15, 2009 by Indian and Northern Affairs Canada)
  • Ontario Photo Card

Accepted identity documents for permanent residents are:

  • Permanent Resident (PR) Card
  • Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) accompanied by a valid passport from country of origin
  • Ontario Photo Card

Accepted identity documents for temporary residents are:

  • Study Permit / Student Authorization (IMM 1442)
  • Work Permit / Employment Authorization (IMM 1442)
  • Visitor Record (IMM 1442)
  • Temporary Resident Permit (IMM 1442)
  • Refugee Status Claim (IMM 1434)
  • Acknowledgement of Intent to Claim Refugee Status (IMM 7703) with photo
  • Report Pursuant to the Immigration Act (IMM 1442) with photo
  • Ontario Photo Card

For more information, read our article on how to get a driver's license.

We hope this helps.

NewYouth.ca team

Still can't find what you need? Tell us what information you would like to see on our website at [email protected]