Temporary 8 Weeks Full-Time Contract
For the past 64 years, Findhelp/211 Central (www.findhelp.ca) has been a trusted hub of community information. Each year we connect over 300,000 callers and 2 million web users to more than 60,000 services and supports in Ontario and beyond. Findhelp/211 Central not only connects people to the services that they need but also provides vital trend information for community planning and public benefit. Our dynamic team strives for excellence in all that we do, creating connections and solutions to build strong communities. We prioritize organizational health, a learning culture and opportunities for growth and professional development.
The summer student position is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in careers such communications, marketing, and social work in the not-for profit sector, especially those interested in the social service navigation for vulnerable people. If you are an enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude aligned with the qualifications required and the goals of our organization, we would like to hear from you.
- Participate in outreach activities in the Greater Toronto area (Durham, Peel, Toronto and York Regions) with support from Findhelp’s Manager of Training and Outreach and Service Navigators
- Identify events, create and implement plans for Findhelp/211 Central participation in local community events
- Educate and engage community members about Findhelp services using existing key messaging
- Support the social media strategy with creation of weekly tweets/Facebook posts
- Other responsibilities as required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Demonstrated organizational skills, detail oriented, and ability to meet tight deadlines and
- demanding schedules
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to establish, foster and maintain relationships with partners, co-workers and others
- Understanding of and interest in the non-profit sector
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment
- Ability to respond pro-actively and positively in solving problems
Salary and benefits:
This is a full time position consisting of 35 hours per week. Hourly salary rate of $15.00
As this role is being funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program the following are eligibility requirements:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age
- Have been registered on a full-time basis in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- Canadian citizen or permanent residents or have official refugee protection status under the immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work in Canada, according to relevant provincial legislation and regulations
Please provide cover letter and resume no later than 4:00 pm on Monday, May 21 to:
Cristina Umana, HR and Administration Manager
Fax: 416-392-4404 | email: [email protected]
Start Date: June 11, 2018
We thank all applicants for applying; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.
To meet our equity goals, Findhelp Information Services encourages applications from all equity seeking groups protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA), if you require accommodation at any stage of the application process, please contact our human resources department at [email protected] so that appropriate arrangements can be made.