Date: Friday, May 11, 2018
Time: 9am - 12pm
In recognition of Children and Youth in Care Day on May 14th, Children's Aid Foundation of Canada is hosting five14 Talks - talks to inspire change. Now in its fourth year, the event is committed to connecting a community of change makers and thought leaders on ideas that can create powerful change for kids in and from the child welfare system. Because together, we will create a brighter future for all.
The theme for this year's five14 Talks is Redefining Community and we are proud to have these five speakers:
- Dr. David Bernstein - Senior Forensic Psychologist, Forensic Consultants, LLC
- Crissy Courchene - Coordinator of ICS (Indigenous Cultural Services), Macdonald Youth Services
- Melanie Doucet - PhD candidate at McGill University's School of Social Work
- Mahesh Prajapat - Chief Operating Officer, Children's Aid Society of Toronto
- David Sharpe - Chief Executive Officer, Bridging Finance Inc.
Webcast viewers are also urged to participate in the panel by asking questions through the webcast or connecting with us on social media with #five14Talks @cafdn on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Children's Aid Foundation of Canada recommends, if possible, that interested youth in/from care watch as a group/with friends to create a supportive environment rather than watching it alone.
five14 Talks is... A day to inspire change. 5 speakers, 14 minutes.