Ask a Question!

Question asked on Wednesday, January 3, 2018 - 01:54

Pls how do i apply for work permit online ? And is there a place i can go to for them to assist me with me it is confusing pls help out thanks

Comment:

Hello and thank you for your question.

To find out if you're eligible to apply for a work permit, go through this questionnaire.

Temporary workers can apply for a work permit online. Make sure you have a scanner or camera to upload your documents, and a credit card to pay the fee with.

If you're struggling with the instructions on the website, you can contact your local Community Legal Clinic for help. You can find a list of clinics on Legal Aid Ontario's website.

We hope this helps.

NewYouth.ca team

Still can't find what you need? Tell us what information you would like to see on our website at [email protected]

Question asked on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 18:29

Hi If I have the New York State Valid Learner Permit Card will that be an advantage to get the G1 License card

Comment:

Hello and thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to exchange a learner's permit from another province, state or country for any kind of license in Ontario. However, you may be at an advantage because you've already studied for the learner's permit test in New York, and Ontario has similar rules on the road.

To prepare, make sure to read our article, 'How do I get my driver's licence?'

We hope this helps.

NewYouth.ca team

Question asked on Friday, December 8, 2017 - 11:48

ontario works has denied my application to receive benefits due to an overpayment over a year ago.  They told me I was lucky that they arent pursuing a fraud charge.  They told me I was banned for life.  Is this legal?  My only option is to be homeless?

Comment:

Hello and thank you for your question.

Your first step should be contacting Ontario Works directly to get some clarification on your payment history. Make sure you keep a record of all your communications with Ontario Works, and of how much money you have received.

If you believe you need legal help, get in touch with your local Community Legal Clinic. They'll be able to give you more information about your case, or refer you to someone you can. You can find a list of clinics on Legal Aid Ontario's website.

We hope this helps.

NewYouth.ca team

Question asked on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 09:20

hi i need to retake my g1 but I’ve lost the yellow slip what do i do? Thanks

Comment:

Hello and thank you for your question.

ServiceOntario has information about replacing a lost, stolen or damaged license, which you can find on their website. Please visit a ServiceOntario centre to request a new slip. Make sure to bring proper documentation that proves your identity.

We hope this helps.

NewYouth.ca team

Question asked on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 02:35

I'm just moved out with my mom when I was 3 months here in Canada because my she kick me out she want to hold my debit card and I was 19 that time and I dont know what I do until now I'm facing to my problem because it's so hard for me to fix my self

Comment:

Hello and thank you for your question!

We think you might need legal intervention. If you talk to your parents and tell them you are looking to get legal advice that might motivate them to cooperate with you.

Otherwise, you can contact a Legal Aid clinic in your area and speak to an advisor for a free consultation on what your options are. You can also call or chat online with a counsellor at Kidshelpphone.ca

We hope this helps,

NewYouth.ca team

Question asked on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 13:11

About 6 months ago, I have sent a scanned copy of my Alberta Health Card and Passport to an ‘employer’ who wanted me to work in their ‘company’ online. In addition to this, I had signed a ‘work application’ and have been ‘hired’ That person hasn’t gotten back to me since. I’m really afraid I’ve foolishly put myself at risk for identity theft. I am 17 years old and my mother refuses to help me with this, leading to me not being able to do anything for months. I cannot check possible credit score or accounts opened in my name because I’m still a minor and without a consenting adult to help me. I’m afraid that as soon as I turn 18, or even right now as I type this,  I’m losing a lot. I’ve also experienced extreme stress because of this and it’s been affecting everything. I’m still a Permanent Resident and I’m  afraid that this may lead to complications when getting my citizenship, going to university, and finding a career. What can I do and who can I call for help? Please answer, thank you..

Comment:

Hello and thank you for your question.

If you believe you have been a victim of identity theft, please report the incident immediately to the police by calling 911. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police has more information about identity theft and an assistance guide to help you take the next steps to protect your identity.

You should also call the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.

If you're dealing with stress, please read our article, 'Where can I get mental health help?' Don't be ashamed of what you're going through. You're not alone, and you have resources available that may make things easier to deal with.

We hope this helps,

NewYouth.ca team

Question asked on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 22:37

Our school has a program that we use to apply for high school... (myBlueprint). This allows us to select the courses we want to take in grade 9,10,11,12...  Now my teacher has recommended me to take all academics in math, language, and science... Now I have selected the course based on my teacher's recommendation, it gives an explanation mark beside the course  I have selected saying: Recommended Prerequisite Grade: 70%! What does this mean????

Comment:

Hello and thank you for your question.

We believe that the "Recommended Prerequisite Grade" of 70% means that you need to get a grade of 70% or above on the courses you're taking right now, in order to take the academic courses you want to next year. Every year, you will have to fulfill the prerequisite requirements for the courses you want to take next year. To learn more about what prerequisites are, please read our article, 'What are Prequisites and Why are they Important.'

You should also speak to your teachers and guidance counselors to get clarification.

We hope this helps.

NewYouth.ca team

Question asked on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 15:19

So i just moved out of my parents house (i am 17 years old)

and my parents are refusing to give me my ID such as health card, pass port, sin card, birth certificate etc, and i need it to get a job. What should i do?

Comment:

Hello and thank you for your question!

Otherwise, you can contact a Legal Aid clinic in your area and speak to an advisor for a free consultation on what your options are. You can also call or chat online with a counsellor at Kidshelpphone.ca

We hope this helps,

NewYouth.ca team

Still can't find what you need? Tell us what information you would like to see on our website at newy[email protected]

Question asked on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 15:19

So i just moved out of my parents house (i am 17 years old)

Comment:

Question asked on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 03:39

what is actually shelter ?

and evolution of shelter through out the history

Comment:

Hello and thank you for your question.

Please read our What is a Shelter? page where you will find all the information you need on types of shelters and where to find them across Ontario.

We hope this helps.