Refugee work permit


if I'm Syrian refugee in Canada and I apply for work permit 

Do I need to pay the 155$ fees?





Thank you for your question.

If you are a refugee claimant applying for a work permit or a Social Insurance Number (SIN), you do not need to pay any application fees.

However, you do need to prove that you must work to support yourself otherwise you’ll need social assistance (welfare). You can find more information on how to apply for a work permit as a refugee claimant by reading the article here. It’s a good idea to visit a settlement counsellor or settlement agency in your area to help you with any further questions you may have. They can also help you fill out your application forms in person.

I hope that helps.

Pooja -